Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stevie's Stonkers #2:'Don't Look Back' by Kylesa

Nobody fucking needs two drummers. I don’t care who you the fuck you are. I like Kylesa, I may be growing to love them, but they have two drummers, and they certainly don’t need them. Sure, for a hairy psych sludge metal band outta Georgia that shit may seem pretty cool, would maybe even ...feel like a luxury for them. But a necessity? No. Even for a metal band they’re rhythmically fairly simple. There are heavier tracks on their new record, there are more musically complex tracks, there is more accomplished song writing showcasing their progress as band, but I’ll be fucked if there’s a more air-pummelling-ly satisfying song than ‘’Don’t Look Back’. Four chords strung together, repeated, and I feel like I could take on the world, and like those four thunderous chords the sentiment “Keep moving, don’t look back” may be simple, but it's seriously uplifting blasted into my ears. --Stephen Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment